Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 21, 2013

Nick's Chicken and Rice Soup

After being gone for 5 days spending some time visiting my mom,
I come home to this.

I know...you don't have to tell me.  I am a blessed woman.
Not only do I have a man crazy in love with me..but he also cooks.
And he cooks good y'all.

I didn't want to be stingy and hog up all this goodness all for myself so I thought I'd share his recipe with you. 
 It was quick, easy and most of all YUMMY.

(and please note any time we mention butter...we are talking about the the real deal kind of butter, not margarine ...and we tend to use them in sticks..one stick, two sticks, etc.   I know.  Not good.  But ohhhh so good.) 
Nick's Chicken & Rice Soup

2-3 lbs of boneless chicken breast
1-2 sticks of butter
1 large onion or 2 medium onions
2-3 stalks of celery
salt and pepper
garlic powder
Tony Chachere's seasoning
*1 Box of Tony Chachere's oven roasted chicken flavored rice
2 large cans of Chicken broth

Cut chicken in small pieces (near) bite size and season chicken. You can mix your seasonings in a 1/4 cup of olive oil and baste chicken before sautéing. Season with pepper, garlic powder, season salt & Tony's. Sauté down in a little olive oil or butter until browned. Remove chicken from pan and sauté down 1 large or 2 medium onions and 2-3 stalks of celery in a stick of butter. When onions and celery are cooked down add chicken and turn heat off.

Then cook the rice using chicken stock instead of water.
When rice is cooked add chicken, onions, celery and rice together.  Then add more chicken stock or water.   Let simmer until good and hot and serve with hot cornbread or French bread.  Remember, the longer you let it sit, the rice will soak up the juice.  It's best to serve right away but if you have leftovers you might need to add more chicken broth or water when warming it up. 

*If you can't find a box of flavored rice like Tony's oven roasted chicken flavored rice, you can use plain white or brown rice. I would add 2 packs of Swanson Chicken Flavor Boost to the soup if using the plain rice.




Happy Monday y'all!
Hope you enjoy!



                                                                                          

8 comments:

  1. I love when you post recipes!!! I try them all...will be baking the Hershey Cake soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting what I need at the store TODAY!! I can't wait to have a bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic! Being blessed is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,me, I'm tasting this right now! Good soup, good man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good & easy too! Will definitely try this soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummers! Such an added bonus when your cutie boyfriend/hubby of 20 + years cooks ta boot!! Beyond blessed is what I call it ;) Welcome home. Loved the pics on IG of you and your momma.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...